European destination weddings top our list as some of the most memorable and inspiring events; Whether it be on a Grecian island, nestled in the French countryside, or on the Italian Riviera, celebrating abroad is never a bad idea. Today, we’re sharing some of our favorite wedding venues in Europe – from Ireland and France to Greece and Italy, keep reading to learn a little bit more about our top wedding venues in these stunning locations.
1. Villa Erba is a breathtaking Italian venue situated on the western shore of beloved Lake Como. With events held here by the likes of Guess and Bulgari, Villa Erba is the elite of luxurious Italian venues while still maintaining a natural, effortless elegance, creating a balance that every destination wedding strives to emulate. What could be better?
2. Villa Cimbrone is a fairytale-like hotel situated above the Amalfi Coast in Ravello, Italy. Named one of the most prestigious venues in the world, the cuisine, architecture, and views are simply breathtaking and justify their esteemed title.
3. Chateau de Varennes is a gorgeous chateau in the South of France. Named one of the top wedding venues in France by CNN, this sprawling estate is just like a fairytale. Situated among fine vineyards in Burgundy, Chateau de Varennes is a highly sought after estate for those wanting a luxury destination wedding.
4. Château Le Mas de Montet offers French charm and luxury like no other; Complete with rose gardens, a swimming pool, and rich Renaissance style, this chateau resides in a beautiful part of the Dordogne region in South West France. Boasting nearly 30 rooms, this is the perfect getaway for an intimate celebration.
5. Agreco Farm is a charming Grecian property just off of the coast of Crete. This sprawling natural beauty has a focus on sustainable farming and cuisine and seeks to live harmoniously with the landscape surrounding it. With olive groves, vineyards, and a delicious taverna, Agreco Farm is the perfect balance of rustic charm and casual luxury.
6. Vedema is a luxury collection resort nestled on the coast of Santorini in Greece. Tucked away within the medieval village of Megalohori, this luxurious resort has evolved from a 400-year-old wine cellar into an authentic, elegant resort. With nearly 60 spacious suites and villas complete with private terraces, Vedema is the epitome of casual elegance in Greece.
7. Ballyfin is a beautifully restored hotel in Laois, Ireland. Sprawling over 600 acres, this historic building originated in the 1800s and now boasts ultra-luxe accommodations. With plenty of outdoor activities, like archery, horseback riding and more, Ballyfin is a top contender for a casual yet elegant wedding weekend.
8. The Killruddery House + Gardens is an Irish 800 acre estate displaying gorgeous gardens, flowering woodlands, peaceful ponds and much more. This elegant estate has been family-owned since the 1600s. With a passion for the great outdoors and preserving the gorgeous architecture on its property, Killruddery House is a true gem in Ireland.
9. Palias Liechtenstein is a luxurious Austrian palace situated near the heart of Vienna. This magnificent palace has been in the Princely family for nearly 300 years and is deeply rooted in the history of Vienna. Known as one of the first buildings of the High Baroque age, Palais Liechtenstein values its historical architectural roots and has kept its integrity through recent renovations. With gorgeous furnishings and gardens, this is one of our favorite venues in Austria.
10. Villa La Vigie is a Mediterranean Villa in Monte Carlo, Monaco and was once home to Karl Lagerfeld. This luxury private estate is one of the most prestigious villas on the French Riviera and exudes beauty and serenity.
These breathtaking venues are among some of our favorite destination wedding spots, but be sure to check out our top picks for Ireland, France, Italy, Greece, the USA and more as well. If you are interested in hosting your wedding weekend abroad, we would love to assist you along the way. Contact us to begin planning the wedding of your dreams!